Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekly to Bi-Weekly pay: a love/hate story

So the stiffs in corporate decided to make our pay bi-weekly, which means two things. Longer times before being paid and more taxes taken out.

Ok, it only appears to have more taxes being taken out because it is two weeks pay at once, but still, when you live like me, and rely on a steady income every week, you feel like your being shafted. I only work 24 hrs a week, which to some people i know, would be great, only i am not in school anymore, and i am looking for a career in my field. Being in a specialization didnt help me either because it concentrated me too much into one thing.

Regardless, i hate the idea of biweekly pay. I want a check every week, it makes me feel like im actually accomplishing something, rather than wondering if i even make a difference. maybe im also being a bit biased because i dont like my job.

Yeah, i think its my hated of my job that gets to me. I mean, why do i hate my job when i have a good hourly payrate? Well, thats a story for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment