Monday, January 17, 2011

A story: the iphone and a toilet at Grand Central Station

As always, the Duke abides.

A quick story after reading Hardcopy's solutions for tech problems. I use an iphone 3g, which i absolutely love, and cant think of a better phone to use. yes ill prolly upgrade to an iphone 4, but im happy with what i got.

My friend's 21st birthday in NYC, after hanging out at a bar for most of the night, we decide its time to head home, catching the final train of the night. In my tipsiness, i decide to use a public rest room since i have a growing fear of train bathrooms. I walk into a stall to do my duty. At the time i put my iphone into a belt holster, and not my pocket like i do now. I got a bit frustrated at my sweatshirt on my waist and i pull it with a lot of force, not feeling my holster being ripped from my belt. Next thing i know, i go to my side to check on my phone, it wasnt there. In my panic, i try to find it, its not at my feet, where could it have gone??

It fell right into the toilet, mind you it had nothing in the toilet as i flush before i use one, even at home i do this. I quickly grab it before it can sink to the bottom, and i go into a big panic as my sound stopped working on me. Realizing i had little time, i did my business and walked out with paper towel in hand to clean the phone and fix my problem. I began to panic more as it would not work properly, still saying i had headphones in when i didnt. As i dried out the headphone jack it started to work properly again. Since then, it has not failed on me at all.

Same problem happened to my sister's iphone 3GS, but hers refused to work.

Comes to show you, the iphone 3g is a tank of the iphone family!

1 comment:

  1. Dude what the hell I wish my phone could be that indestructible. And what kills me is that yours is touchscreen. If I dropped a touchscreen phone on carpet I'm better sure the screen would crack. But you could have your phone go through a mill and still nothing happens. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete