Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ucon at Uconn '11 report

Duke here, and i just went to a nerd gathering, i mean convention.

Ucon at Uconn '10 was a small one, the big headliner guest being That Guy with the Glasses, and it was free, so it made up for it being small. But it was the thought of meeting an icon of mine, which was its big selling point for me.

Fast forward to this year, Ucon returns to the University of Connecticut, still with That Guy with the Glasses as the main guest. What did he have in store this year, will he bring back Reverend Nutjob? What will he have in store for us this year!?

I braved the wet roads with my girlfriend to see what he had in store.

I woke up early, showered, and got dressed in typical Nostalgia Critic garb, didnt go crazy with cosplay for this one, as i also had to get to a dinner gathering of a friend of my girlfriend's father later that night.

At 11:30, we got to UConn. I got into the small line for registration, while my girlfriend went to use the rest room. After we registered we stood in line waiting to be let in for the TGWTG panel and q&a. while waiting, i met up with some people i met last year, one even knew me as my youtube name. Rob Walker, brother of Doug Walker walked by and then after a few moments let us into the auditorium. Me and Jen (my gf) sat down, and i noticed my friend Mike sitting on the other side, i got up and went over to him to see if he wanted to sit next to us. We enjoyed the two hour panel and went to the caf for lunch. This very loud kid who knows my friend Mike joined us (apparently we are fb friends, yet i never met him prior to this, i think i was just being nice and adding who ever ads me as a friend on fb, but i still keep a 95% known friend rate), much to my dismay as he was very much being loud and rude during the panel. We quickly ate and got up to the ballroom where Doug and Rob were signing autographs. This is where i have the most problem with this con, the line for autographs was bad. People were cutting the line left and right and showing no respect to those who were waiting longer. People place holded for those who were not in line, making the line 10x longer. But whatever, i got my copy of Bebe's Kids signed and i got a copy of the channel awesome 2 year anniversary video, Kickassia (signed by both Doug and Rob).

Overall this con is nice, its small, not a big one, so you meet a lot of people and see a lot of familiar faces. Cant wait to watch the video Doug and Rob shot while there. Its gonna be amazing!

As always...

No comments:

Post a Comment