Monday, February 28, 2011

Re: 3D Revolutation (hardcopy)

Tenchi brought up a good point in his blogpost about 3D movies and basically...anything else that's available in 3D.  Personally I find nothing interesting about this trend, but I believe that it is coming back for a reason instead of just adding value to movies.  But honestly I don't really like 3D.  In fact it makes me balls ass dizzy whenever I watch something in 3D. 

I think the last movie I saw in 3D was somewhere in Disney.  And that's the thing; at least those theatres were made to be an attraction.  There were speakers near the seats that add to the "air pressure" effects and bubbles coming out Goofy's asshole in the ceiling somewhere.  But just going to watch a regular movie in a normal theatre in 3D doesn't appeal to me.  I think it's really a waste of money, but I can understand why some people are raving over this. 

And the idea keeps spawning over to other platforms of entertainment.  Playing video games in 3D?  Watching Tony Stark hit your face with his fist in 3D?  How could you say no?   

I'm not saying that 3D is bad for everyone.  If you want to try it out, then go for it.  But I would be more worried about how your eyesight would be after a few hours of watching it.  So a movie is about two hours on average.  Two hours seems ok, but when most gamers play video games, it takes more than just two hours.  Sometimes it takes up to a whole afternoon.  Ok so you might get a terrible headache.  That's not really what I'm getting at.  I have a weird feeling that in the future people are going to have terrible eyesight problems because of 3D or a weird pattern of maigrains during the day. 

Here's a picture of a 3D TV advertisement.  It looks cool.  But could I just ask what's wrong with just getting a normal TV?  Sometimes I think that two high def TVs in one floor of a house is a little extreme let alone having one of these.  And what's with this shit of people putting their TV sets on top of mantle pieces?  Who in their right mind would want to crane their necks upward all the time just to watch TV?  This is absolutely stupid.

Ok I got off track, but I just wanted to bring that up for a minute.  I will agree with Tenchi that people do complain about the 3D glasses.  Well how the hell else would you watch something in 3D?  There is this technology about 3D without glasses that might come around the corner sooner than I think; the Nintendo 3DS being the top attention whore right now.  Apparently there is a shutter that is glossed over the screen so it projects the images in 3D without use of glasses.

Now that's more I like it.  I can say that I would never want to play a system like this all the time, but it really is interesting.  Now people can stop complaining about the glasses in the near future.  Soon America can make fake land out of laser projections. 

Next Nintendo is going to make 4D; you can feel things, too.  And the last thing I need is going to a convention with some nerd grabbing a school girl's tits in front of me.  I don't know about you but I like eating and don't feel like losing my appetite over this.

In any case I really think that 3D is going to be a hot topic for a while and not just a fad that many of us thought when Avatar had its first 3D feature.  But as for me, I'm just getting over how awesome it is to have an HD cable.  GUYS IT'S JUST ONE CABLE THAT HOOKS INTO ONE PORT!  HOW COOL IS THAT?!  No more yellow wire, blue wire, and red wires! 

No comments:

Post a Comment