Saturday, February 26, 2011

21st Century Blues: hardcopy's Lappy

Hi guys, it's hardcopy again, and I have some crappy news from the crypt.  Unfortunately my blog posts have been cut down this week because of my laptop, but I figured that I could at least just find a way to make this short post into a funny story with a very clear moral: DO NOT BUY HP LAPTOPS.

Mine is about three years old, and this particular model the Pavillion dv6000 has the dumbest factory defect.  I'm really angry about how this is the second time it took a shit on me, but at least I know not to buy these products ever again unless I have full proof that a new product line has no defects. 

Whenever I turn on my laptop, there's nothing.  No start up prompt, just a little dash that sits there blinking forever.  And don't ask me if there are any USB cables connected or CDs inserted into the drive on start up because yes I have checked thousands of times.  And this is just the way it is.  I tried doing the static trick by unplugging any power sources and holding down the power button for a few minutes, but no.  Still nothing. 

So end of story I need to get a new harddrive.  Hopefully it won't cost more than $150.  But hey guys, remember, Anime Boston is coming up so there are good news.  Some convention scheduling will come up by the middle of March, and Duke and I will be attending.  So keep up with the news, and I'll see you there.

2 comments:

  1. Don't buy HP period. Well they might have good printers but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgh I brought my laptop to my friend Jon and he basically said the same thing. Apparently Vios are bad, too.

    ReplyDelete