Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm Hooked in the 21st Century!

Hi, I'm hardcopy, and I have an unfortunate confession to make.

Normally I think reality shows are the absolute worst thing to watch on TV, but just the other day one of my roommates flipped to a channel just for the sake of watching something.  She started watching one reality show at 8 and ended at midnight.  It was four one hour episodes together to prep for the new one coming up next week.  I walked in and she was leaning on every word.  Then my other roommate started watching it, too.  And as you guess it, so did I.

At first I didn't understand what was going on.  I came in at a part where eight girls were working at a fast food restaurant, and for a while they were doing well.  No one was complaining or being ridiculous until a few minutes after.  Then I realized that this wasn't a reality show about normal people.  Turns out all of them are rich one way or another (old money, new money) and have spoiled attitudes on spending that are far beyond what you see the average Joe have.  A few of these girls spend about half a million dollars on clothes per year, and that's just clothes.  They got cars, rents paid for, tanning, plastic surgery, and other luxuries I have to hit the lotto just to have a shot at having.  Because they spend so much money, their families cut them off for the duration of the program and they have to learn how to be like normal people.

But I was impressed about how well they were doing at the fast food place until I saw the dumbest thing happen.  One girl was promoted manager (the same damn workday they all started on) and she asked two girls to dress in mascot costumes and stand outside near the main road advertising.  One got hot in one mascot suit she had on so she asked her partner if they can switch.

When they came back inside to switch, the manager basically was pissed off because they didn't tell her/ask permission to switch costumes.  There was a fight.  For a while. My question is who the hell cares if they switched costumes?  As long as they do the damn job, I wouldn't give a horse's shit.

Then it gets so much worse when the manager girl gets drunk and starts crying over "people work that hard for 30 dollars a day.  We're not better than them."  And then she starts pointing fingers at the same person she got into a fight with and said that she's not better than them.  So they fight once again.

The train kept crashing and then I found myself watching 3 episodes.  It's called "You're Cut Off" in case you haven't noticed, and so far it's in its second season and broad casted on VH1 with new episodes on Monday.  Yeah that channel that was supposed to play just music videos yeas ago.  So great now not only do I have to watch Monday Night RAW, I have to tape Castle and this show.  Beautiful.

But let me make this clear that I just want to see Hana get what's coming to her. And see them fail at doing normal people stuff.  But that's because I don't like the spoiled.

Give it a shot if you are into reality shows, and if you are not, you might be surprised about what you find here.

For the record did anyone else see that Booker T is back?  And he appeared in the Royal Rumble with Kevin Nash?  I was very pleasantly surprised by this.  In case if you are wondering, Booker T is going to be announcing for Smackdown, and Nash is going to retire as Diesel.  He did sign a Legend contract with WWE.  So ha...take that TNA.  You get Scott Steiner...which is, I have to admit, pretty bad ass.  But we get Diesel and Booker T.  Not to mention that Tough Enough is premiering the night after Wrestlemania with host Steve Austin!  I'm definitely not going to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment