Friday, December 31, 2010

What I Played in 2010

Hi, I'm hardcopy, and for any new viewers to the blog, welcome to Your World in Hard Copy, a blog about anything in the 21st century...like Tron.  Tron's cool.  Port 2, our 21st Century Team, writes and contributes to the blog.  For anyone who has noticed, yes, we did add another contributor, and, no, you can't take his spot.  Tenchi just debuted with his review on Final Fantasy XIII, and Nick, who has been with the team and also writes for his own gaming review blog, has debuted on Your World.  Expect more from all of us.


Ok with that out of the way, Happy 2011.  For some of you, we're one year closer to our death, and for the rest of you who are sane and not gullible, let's just move on with the 21st century.  Recently I got a PS3 along with access (and by access I mean steal and by steal I mean not legally) to a 360, I played more games than usual.  But that's ok.  I kinda like it actually.  Here is a list of the best games I played in 2010:

God of War Trilogy

Unfortunately I was late to this party because I was too busy raping my way through Prince of Persia.  Except for Warrior Within.  That game could go to hell. 

I started with the second one (don't ask why, I realize how stupid that was) then played through the first one.  Holy crap, Kratos is all man and more.  I was particularly impressed with the second one because it wasn't as dramatic as the first one, but they ran a very close race.  Then I got the third game, and my pants exploded.

Never have I thought that the game would become more violent than the second.  I mean you see more organs than you do in the last two games combined.  That's impressive.  In any case, I do believe that this game served a great purpose for me to understand that Zeus is a giant douchebag and I need to max out everything because it's so much cooler that way.  Currently I am going through the third game on all difficulties then continuing with the two newest games for Prince of Persia

And as for the ending, personally I liked it; I don't understand why everyone thought it was lame just because it made Kratos have feelings.  Don't know exactly what happened at the end, and that's all up for debate, but Nick said that Kratos flew away on Falcon's back from the Neverending Story, and that's fine with me.

Limbo

I already made a review on this game and a possible interpretation for the ending, but I do have to say that the ending really did boost this game up to be on my list.  And I'm not really into boxfags and their 360s but I do like Portal.  When I played Limbo, it gave me another excuse to keep using my friend's XBox, which will be returned as soon as I get my sock back.  Which I got back a few weeks ago.  He doesn't need it any time soon.

Donkey Kong Country Returns

I gotta hand it to the Wii for this remake.  The developers did a fantastic job, and I wish I had more time to play this since I do not own the system.  But I will say that the time I spent playing this game was really an experience.  It made me really excited to see the rhino again and bust ass on those thorn thingies you can't stand on, but I also felt very refreshed with new levels and new moves.  The controls aren't overdone or too many to memorize and understand.  At first I was having problems, but once Diddy starting squeaking everywhere, I said "That's adorable!" and just kept up with it.  I know I will play this again, and I look forward to it.

Tales of Monkey Island

Great series, and just in time.  It took only like what, ten years, for them to make another one?  But after playing all five chapters in this, I was very satisfied with the long wait.  And in case if you were wondering, I played it on computer because that's the only way you could play a Monkey Island game.  However the remake graphics in the XBox games are pretty bad ass.  Still it's not the same.  The fifth game, this game, was awesome.  Just like Stan.  He's the man.

Bioshock 2

I don't know why, but for playing this in the beginning of 2010, I don't really remember that much from this game.  Probably because I'm criss crossing it with the first one, but this was a good first person shooter.  Although I can't say that if it was the best in the series, it was pretty interesting viewing this game from a different prospective.  The storyline is a huge blur to me, but I can say that for a horror game, I really can't stand being scared and freaked out but this game was too cool for me to stay away from.  Since the trailer it drew me in.  Now they got that Infinite game coming out, and I don't know, not really that interested, but I am at least curious to see how it comes out. 

That's what I'm going to end on.  So let 2011 give me another year of great games now that I have an up to date system.  Did you play any awesome games in 2010?  Leave of a comment if you wish. 

I'm hardcopy, and remember, if your gerbil fuzzy pet thing is able to put on a hat by itself, it's probably capable of killing you.  You were warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment