Saturday, December 4, 2010

Overrated Things in the 21st Century

Hi, I'm hardcopy, and The Miz is the new WWE Champion.  I'm thoroughly excited.

Thanks to Meow Cheese, this picture sums up my feeling about the following topic: overrated things.  Hopefully I keep this going as a series and hopefully I will get some of you to agree with me, too. 

There's no trick to this; it's just things that shouldn't have more attention than it should. 


CNN
Liberal news media room CNN is a huge rival over the Conservative newsroom FOX.  They both suck, but I think CNN's fan nation praises the station too much.  Not only are the news in general way too over dramatic, CNN has a terrible delivery.  Why do they take a camera and zoom into another monitor to show data?  Why can't they just project the images on the monitor for viewing so the runny lines don't have to fuzz everything up?  And I really don't care about the morning CNN news.  The only cool thing I saw on that was cool was a guy dressed up like Captain America protesting. 

Silly Bandz
Guys, it's just plastic.  In the shape of various things.  You know what else I can do that's more impressive?  I could spend all that money on these packs to buy material for baking cookies and draw pictures of random crap on them out of sugar.  But at least you can eat them.  I mean what the hell will you do with these things when they're done with?  Tie them together and make a belt?  It's such a waste.  Having more than about twenty of these is just crazy.  And when younger kids wear these so much that they make permanent indents into their arms for the rest of their life, then don't say I didn't warn you.

Formspring
People ask you questions, and you get to post them onto Facebook.  It's kinda cool if you like interactment with random people, but almost with every user someone gets an asshole posting dramatic crap on their accounts.  "Why did you have to bang your girlfriend's sister at her birthday party then get so drunk you threw up in her cake?"  Oh come on man why do you even bring that up anymore?  I thought we were over this five years ago.  We had an intervention and everything.  It's better just not to care or make an anonymous account.

Mac Computers

No right click button.

What the hell?





XBox Achievements
People, why do you even bother anymore?  Either you get an achievement for picking your nose or completing a task by getting all secret power ups, unlocking the secret party member, completing seven time trials within a time trial, getting a combo of higher than 458 head shots in five minutes, and beating the whole game over again in half an hour.  Also people who cannot beat a game until getting all achievements is just labor; why can't you just enjoy the game? 

Twilight
Good news is that the movies will end soon.  It blows my mind how Twilight is held in the same rank as Harry Potter, which is an epic.  The movies are even worse, too.  One of my biggest fears in my life is getting caught up in a opening midnight release for the new movie. 

I have no idea how to deal with this until it's all over.  I will say I did read the books, and no, they weren't that fantastic.  I even skipped through along the last book and fell asleep.  Best part was the violent c-section. 



So there you go.  I hope this has been enlightening to you and so forth.  You get an achievement for reading this.  Put it on your fridge.

1 comment:

  1. CNN used to be cool with their up to the minute technology sections, which have lacked in the last few months.

    btw, you can fix the mac problem by using a regular mouse, haha.

    hmm, apparently even if i deleted my last comment, bc i wanted to add to it, it still says its a comment, interesting.

    ReplyDelete