Thursday, December 16, 2010

Best Small Role Characters in the 21st Century

Hi, I'm hardcopy, and I'm strapped into listening to some Power Glove.

I like animated tv shows and cgi movies.  After watching Duke's recent vlog about Christmas icons, I was thinking about my favorite small role characters.  So here comes another list in the 21st century:

Fridge Guy from Solty Rei

Alright I can't find a picture or have the opportunity to screenshot it, so you're going to have to deal with my artistic bullshit.  In one of the episodes in Solty Rei, Rose and Solty get lost in the ruins of the city.  Like the book City of Ember.  A rescue team shows up to dig a massive hole, and for some reason, one of the guys in the organge suits has a HUGE fridge body.  I am not making this up, I saw it. You see him about twice, and he's passing off coffee to people.  I have no idea what the hell he has a fridge case around his body for, but I am very certain the animators were screwing around with their audiences on this one.  So whoever you are, Fridge Guy, you earned my respect by passing out coffee and not doing much because you don't know what you are holding nor could you see.

Mad Hatter Robot from Futurama

One of my friends brought out the best in this guy because during lunch when I was in high school.  He would yell "CHANGE PLACES" and it was just a barrel of fits and giggles.  In the Robot Insane Asylum episode, you only see this guy just for a brief moment.  And if you are into stupid humor like me, his antic is really delightful.



Space Pope from Futurama

...Space Pope.  I'm afraid that's all we know. 









Curly from Hey Arnold

Now he's probably not as cool as Arnold, Gerald, Stinky, or maybe even Eugine, but Curly is fucking nuts.  And if his character wasn't like that, then I probably wouldn't even care about this douchebag, but holy shit, if you manage to free the animals from the zoo at night while riding away on a giraffe at 8, that's pretty awesome.

Other than that, nothing really else exciting about him.  Pretty much it was that one thing that he did that gets him on my list.


Duff Man from The Simpsons

I really can't put into words how he sits on the borderline of being a major tool or just so overly annoying you fall in love with him.  Maybe he's bit of both but in an all man form.  Regardless of whatever the hell I just said, The Simpsons has a lot of minor role characters.  I'm going with Duff Man because every time he talks it's a one liner.  Especially in the episode with the hunger strike.   






Jon Lovitz from every movie/every TV show

If you watch every movie from the comedy genre, you know what I'm talking about.  Jon Lovitz has cameos in so many movies that the question changed from "what movie isn't this guy in?" to "which movie does he actually appear as a main character in?"  I love his voice acting, too, he always has such a fresh voice, but for a guy to be about seven characters in the Simpsons, he's always a treat to have on the show.  His work in The Critic was also fantastic.  But being more specific, I have seen this guy in the following movies, which isn't even all of the ones I have probably seen with him lurking around in the background:
-The Producers
-Trapped in Paradise (main role)
-The Wedding Singer
-The Benchwarmers
-Rat Race
-A League of Their Own

When I grow up and become part of the film industry, I want to do stuff like he does and just sit my ass somewhere, say one line, then get paid. 


John Ratzenberger

I'm going to end with another recognizable man by voice.  Ratzenberger has been in Cheers.  The TV show was fun and everything, but I'm aiming my finger towards his Pixar voice acting.  He is in.  Every.  Pixar movie.  Ham in Toy Story is one of his biggest roles.  In some of the others like Monsters Inc. and Cars he's only in it for a short amount of time, but this has become a fun tradition picking him out of every Pixar movie that comes out.  I love his work, and I hope he still continues this for many more years to come.

I have other stuff to do but just wanted to put as a side note that Kings of Leon SUCK.  That new single they have, "Radioactive", is just a pile of lyrical nonsense.  I really don't get what the hell this guy is trying to tell me.  Apparently the water is where I came from, and some road...what the hell I really just don't get it.  I mean I can't take any of their other singles.  "Sex on Fire" for example is just terrible.  I know that the meaning should be that sex is a passionate thing, but all I could think of is some guy's penis on fire because of lack of lube.  Or he just microwaved it for thirty seconds.  They only way you could only enjoy their music is to just get high.  No need to be intelligently inclined in order to understand their music.  It's not even written in an artistic way.

Freakin Kings of Leon...the guy sounds like he's 40 years old!  *grumble grumble*  I hate this band.

No comments:

Post a Comment