Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wrestlemania 28

Lately I have been finding that the recent Wrestlemanias were not getting enough originality.  I mean I totally understand because WWE's roster is forced to stick with the legends everyone knows from a few years ago for their top card matches.

Wrestlemania 27 came and went very quickly, but already the Monday after the event, it was announced that the Rock is going against John Cena for one of the main event matches.  While there was initial shock at first, I was happy that at least a new top card match will show up at another Wrestlemania.  This Wrestlemania exploded into popularity thanks to Snooki and the Rock showing up and being involved in the matches, but seeing Taker against HHH once again (even though it was a great match, don't get be wrong) made me think that this pay per view was getting stale.

Just when I lost faith, this announcement really did clear up my doubts.  I was happy to see that another top card match with promising results will be happening next year.  It's just that there hasn't been many surprises nor never before seen top card matches in a while.  So here's to the future.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment