Friday, September 30, 2011

Stupidest Ideas in the 21st Century: Game Related Movies

I'm not talking about video game related movies; I'm talking board game related movies.  Battleship huh?  Really?  Are we really going to take a step in that direction?  I mean there are thousands of books that could be made into great movies, but I guess board games are way better.

So yes this is not a lie.  If you haven't heard already (it was all over the Internet news sites), Battleship is going to be a movie.  Great idea, Hollywood.  But honestly even though many are upset over this, we have no idea if this will be a hit or not.  But I swear to God, if I hear "You sunk my battleship!" anywhere in this movie, I'm going to strangle the nearest person sitting next to me. 

But another movie that is also looking as a board game rip off is Real Steel, which many believe to be a version of Rock Em Sock Em Robots.  Now I can sort of see why toy/game movies are starting to become a norm now.  If you think back to the announcement of Transformers, people laughed in Bay's face.  But after just a week of that movie being out, it was a HUGE blockbuster.  And it also spawned to "successful" sequels (successful in quotation marks because some will argue). 

However, Transformers was also a show not just a line of toys made.  These other movies; no television shows at all.  So these game movies...it could be a waste of money.  Or the best idea ever.

But I'd like the differ.

1 comment:

  1. i can only hope Liam Neeson says "e-5....i sunk your battle ship!" and CREDITS!

    ReplyDelete