Monday, September 12, 2011

Rockstar Uproar Festival featuring Avenged Sevenfold, Three Days Grace and Seether review

I had the distinct privilege to attend the 2011 Rockstar Uproar Festival on 9/11/11. I was mainly going so my girlfriend wouldnt kill a friend of hers who kinda forced her into going to it. I agreed to go since i liked a few of the bands playing so it wasnt that much of a bust for me.

The venue is the old Meadows Theater, now named the Comcast Theater. I am never a huge fan of venues that have corporate sponsors like this, but it was nice to be there again. I havnt been there since 2001 when i attended 104 Fest (found this, a video of the band tHrOnE, who were amazing at this show). The place changed slightly from what i can remember, but it was still the Meadows Theater.

The bands other than the main headliners i didnt really care about much, many of them i didnt know about to begin with. Bands like Bullet for my Valentine, Escape the Fate, Sevendust, Black Tide, Art of Dying, Hell or Highwater, made up the lineup of this fest, wasnt overly impressed with their "darkness and damnation" look and heavy guitar distortion rifts many of these hardcore bands are, never was. My girlfriend, as girly as she is, is darker than these guys by a longshot, come on, she went to school for funeral service management.

I was happy to see Seether and Three Days Grace. Was a good show overall. I actually dont remember a lot of Three Days Grace songs other than their singles from 2003 when i first found out about them. Seether i saw back in 2001 at 104 Fest. I got to say, Three Days Grace, gave the better performance of the night. Their energy on stage was second to none. They even attempted to pay tribute to those who lost their lives on 9/11/01. They where only interupted by chants of "USA USA!" which to me was incredible.

By my standards, a show can be one of two things, an enjoyable night and a great crowd. While i didnt like the crowd much, i liked the night. I didnt like all the kids who think their all hardcore, but that just might be me being an old man. Overall, it was a good fest, but not the best. I think the band lineup could have been better though. I found it was kinda off being 9/11 and there was a night of bands that had death in their names.

i give the Rockstar Upraor Festival: 3.5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment