Monday, September 26, 2011

Awesome Games in the 21st Century: Infamous

Damn I am so late in the game here...

But I really want to blog about Infamous.  While this game was released years ago and the sequel has also came out, the game was up for download on Marketplace as a welcome back package.  After not playing this game and playing this game, I have to say that I was really getting into it until the last boss.

I won't go into storyline since I'm pretty sure everyone knows about this game already, but I will go over what I do like about it and what I don't (final boss mostly).

So I love the sandbox aspect of the game.  It's really hard finding a good sandbox these days besides Borderlands and Dead Island (there will be a review for this soon, too).  Most games today are very linear, and it makes you forget about the good old days with optional quests and running around the city healing people.  Well maybe there really aren't a lot of games where you just...heal people, but Infamous really does give you enough sandbox play without being too big.

The powers and upgrades work well; experience isn't exactly given to you neither is it too out of reach.  But while some powers are useful, I haven't really found that much time to charge up that "cannon" power.  Just takes too long.

Now the biggest part that pisses me off: final boss.  Isn't it funny that the rest of this game doesn't have health bars for any boss except this one?!  It takes a long fucking time, too, and I haven't got around to beating it, but patience really gets tested during this fight.  Otherwise I was able to get all the drop deads and finish all of the missions on the first two islands.

Some missions are kinda crazy such as the "tower defense" missions.  I must have died about three times each before I got the hang of it, but other than that, I feel that the missions are well diverse, giving you a break every once in a while, and of course, not that hard to complete although they do get a lot more challenging.

Now what would be so bad ass is if Jason Statham played the role as Cole if this ever becomes a movie.  I was driving somewhere yesterday and thought how awesome it would be if Infamous was made a movie, but unfortunately I feel that the only way if it was successful is if the director will follow the original story line and not screw up by using their "creative plot device skills".  Although there is some room to have these plot devices, but just not in the entirety of it.

Alright pretty much a random blog post but just wanted to get something up here.  We've been a little slow lately with all of our projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment