Monday, August 22, 2011

Originality in Movies/Video Games?

Just saw Conan this weekend.  Not bad, not that fantastic.  But oh God...Jason Momoa's ass...

Anyway makes you think about how many original movie ideas there actually are in the world today.  Lately we just been getting remakes, book to movie interpretations, or reboots (same damn movie, better graphics, or in 3D).  I would also give the same idea for video games, too.  A lot of the times there is a reboot of a series, some sequel of a successful older game, or a very similar theme and gameplay.  The only original game I have played recently was probably Infamous.  

But originality isn't fully lost on us.  Books are probably the only entertainment media going on right now that have plenty of original plots along with a few TV series.  But TV series are very interesting because we go through themes; the theme this time are detective, homicide crime solving mysteries.

I would personally love to see more original movies and possibly series spawning from these original movies.  But most importantly I really want to see more original games being made.  Sure I'll go get Devil May Cry and Tomb Raider, but if those are the only games I'm getting excited for, then I'll have to wait a long time to get my hands on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment