Thursday, August 4, 2011

Awesome Games in the 21st Century: No More Heroes (PS3 and XBox)

Wii had Travis Touchdown for a while, now it's our turn.  Ok to be honest you should know that Sony is my taste of the best so this is really just a quick summary of how the Playstation Move demo went.

The demo consisted of short introduction, long ass tutorial, and the first kill level. 

The controls for the Move system worked out well.  I would highly suggest using this with the two Move controllers instead of using just a regular controller for a secondary because it felt awkward.  It was like having a very easy to use control and having to navigate with something that I had to lay in my lap because it's too tiresome for just one hand.  Yeah yeah sexual joke, but just proves that it was annoying. The only buttons you really need on the regular controller regardless are just whatever is on the left side. (deep breath)  And that's really the best way I can describe this.

Other than that discomfort, there really isn't anything else to complain about.  The controls work well and aren't overly sensitive or not sensitive enough.  Not being used to motion sensing engines, I did find myself waving the controller around way too much in the beginning, but with all the crap I had to do, it pretty much worked out.  Charging up was a little weird, for some reason I had to really jerk that thing off harder than I think humanly possible.

The camera seemed to bug out here and there, but focusing on an enemy really did save the day and a lot of damage.  The final boss, though I understand was a first level, was actually a fun and trying experience.  Granted that I did play on Sweet, I think this would be somewhat challenging if I choose to play the full version, which I'm considering.

I'm sure many will argue that the original version is better, but the combat system is fun, I love the sound effects, the voice acting is fantastic, and overall I think the transition to the Move engine worked out very well.  Along with Catherine, I'm considering getting No More Heroes.  It's a good break from Infamous.

No comments:

Post a Comment