Friday, October 7, 2011

Occupying Blind Faith

Normally I wouldn't publish a political post because I live in New England, where Conservatives like me are outlawed by the population's general Liberal/Democratic ideas, but I feel that I should let my voice be heard in some sort of forum.

What we have here is a list of demands the occupiers on Wall Street published more than a week ago.  Now let me say, this is the most diverse list of anything I have ever seen.  No specific goals that are centric around each other, but they have clearly been given a lot of thought to start maybe a revolution.

Now being conservative, whenever I see something about rights being pushed, I get nervous not because I don't like them (hell, I'm a minority and I would love to be equal as any other person), but generally this won't cut down racism or sexism in personal minds at all.  I do get that ladies will be able to sue if a problem raises at work or maybe just in public that is offensive to their gender, but I'd say that pushing for rights won't make issues go away so simply.  I do encourage their spirit, but you can't make a balanced world because everyone is human and bias.  Being protected by law is great, but you can't be protected in every aspect.  Life is unfair and should remain that way so we can learn and get something out of our experiences.  But I understand this isn't the angle they are going for, but it will all eventually boil down to this in my eyes.

Free college education.  What the fuck?  I mean yeah college is expensive, but how the good Lord will college be able to pay for all their expenses without charging anything?  How about we just change it to college being more affordable?  Or have some sort of grant rules or scholarships?  But these are business related places, and again, conservative!, people like me usually go for as little government and business relation as possible.

Free borders also concern many especially those who are in fear of population growth that will lead to too many people living in one area and not that many resources to go around.  But the environment friendly demand doesn't really put me off that much either, but my only concern is where are we going to get the money to get started with this?  Although we do have a lot of research done, just obtaining the technology needed is going to dig us into a debt hole again.  However there are some slightly affordable alternative energy systems, but if you think about it solar panels are really expensive and will take about two years to pay off for itself.  Not that affordable for most so what would the cost of bigger projects be?  And because I'm not very informed with healthcare, I'm not going to touch that fire without knowing more.

So all in all there is a reason why this protest is very dangerous especially with demands that seem to go through the roof.  While their main reason of doing this is to stop cooperate greed, some of the demands that have been hung onto the list don't necessarily directly relate to the issue these protestors want to solve.  God bless them for putting themselves out there, but most of these demands are way bigger than what they think.  This might enrage some of you, but I personally think these need to be more specific and not so generalized in order to get anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment