Monday, June 20, 2011

Movie Short Takes

Sup folks, i know i havnt been posting a lot, but with my computer problems, thats to be expected, a new computer is in my future if i stop buying ghostbusters gear off my friend.

Regardless, ive seen quite a few movies so far, and so many infact, i have roughly 5 movies in que to do Three Word Reviews on. Rather than try to kill my computer with trying to make some videos, which i will get to one of these days, i will do a short paragraph based on what i liked what i didnt like, and what to look out for in my new segment, Movie Short Takes. It only means ill go into more detail about movies than what i do in the 3WRs.

First up in no particular order:

Xmen First Class
I admit, i couldnt really get into the Xmen movies too much, but i didnt think they sucked. Xmen 3 yeah, i think we all agree about that one that the only redeeming quality was Ellen Page's hotness in that movie. But i went in excited that this could be the reboot that this series needed, unfortunately, it was only a direct prequel to the trilogy. This was what the movies should have been like, none of that story with Rouge in the first one or bringing the Phoenix saga right away, this was awesome. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine was a good decision in those, but i am getting away from the topic. I was skeptical about James McAvoy being Professor X from the moment i saw the trailer for the first time. There was one thing that kept me waiting for this movie to come out, the trailer music. That kept me interested. I went and saw this movie, and i was not let down. Truely a great movie.
Three Word Review Sum Up: Best One Yet

Green Lantern
DC comics i have never had a really big interest in, but i do like the Batman movies...ahem...most of them that dont require a Bat credit card. But i went into this one knowing absolutely nothing about the character, going on the mention that its something about rings and grean and stuff. I didnt think much about it but the trailer grabbed me. The visuals were great, the action was lacking but it was overall a good flick, one of those popcorn movies if you will. I still dont know what i feel about Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, wasnt he Deadpool in Wolverine Origins?? Whatever the case, i did enjoy it though. I wonder with Marvel working on the highly anticipated Avengers movie, will DC go for the obvious Justice League movie. Who knows.
Three Word Review Sum Up: Too Much Green

Fast 5
Oh no, not another Fast and Furious Movie. Seems these movies forget about the racing that the first one had and went for a new direction. Not much to say about it other than Dwane Johnson comes in and tries to raise all sorts of hell in Modern Warefare 2...i mean Fast 5. I was not a fan of this movie, and i wish they would just stop, but it seems another movie is on the way.
Three Word Review Sum Up: Just Stop Already

Well, thats it for now, more in the future! Oh, just a personal anouncement, my Vlog has beome a partner with Senpai Magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment