Saturday, March 12, 2011

Blast from the 21st Century: Beyond Good and Evil

Hey everyone, it's hardcopy with another quick update and post.  Sorry it's been so long, but my hard drive just came in and it should be up and running by Sunday.  Also we are close to 2000 views!  CONFETTI FOR ALL.

But it's been a while since I have been on a good video game buzz, and replaying Beyond Good and Evil by Ubisoft is definitely making me feel good.  I'm super duper into this game, and eventually the second one will come out and kick all of your candy asses.

Unfortunately since sales haven't been fantastic for this game, it was rumored that the sequel wouldn't be published as quickly as I hoped, and then after it was close to getting completely cancelled.  But after this leaked trailer came out (this isn't the first one mind you), the rumor of another Beyond creamed everyone's jeans once it became a reality.  And by everyone I mean the small amount of people who actually played the first game.  And I know what you are allllll thinking.  This looks a lot like Mirror's Edge, doesn't it?  Well seeing that that game was a first person, then no.  It's not.  Plus who makes a first person platformer?  That's such a terrible idea.

In the mean time I suggest that you play through the first one.  It's awesome and focuses on stealth rather than just platforming.  Plus her uncle's a pig.  What's not to like?  I'd say if you have really good  direction and skills at sneaking around without getting killed by giant laser guns (in some rooms/levels), then this game wouldn't take you longer than an afternoon.  But if you want to get all the pearls you can, go do it.  Because you get a fun mini game engined by Rastafari rhinos. 

By the way, you get money every time you photograph different species in Hillys, where the game mostly takes place.  Once you get all of the species, then you get an M-disc, but I still can't find the last animal.  URGH!!!  After seven years I still can't find this damn son of a bitch!  And that's why I keep playing through this game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment